(seat removal???????)

--- "J. Jones" <coolj30@hotmail.com> wrote:
---------------------------------
 I am asking for a friend who has a scirocco, he ask " How do I  remove the seats on a1985 Karmann
Scirocco 8v" can't figure out if they come out the front or back of the tracks and can't find what
to "undo" to get them out." any help would be great then I can pass it on to him. Thankx!

Easy.  Slide seat forward.  Under the front edge of the seat cushion, find the leading edge of the
center (adjusting) rail.  Undo, with a 10mm wrench, that little nut and bolt, and remove.  Snap
off the inboard plastic cover over the seat track (behind the seat).  Now simply slide the seat
all the way back and out of the tracks (that little nut stopped the seat from going back too far).
 Remove seat.  Careful for your back when doing so.