Selector rod adjustment

The FK tranny I now have in my Rocc has a very notchy lateral movement to
it, as in the spring will not return it to the middle of the H pattern if I
notch it over below 5th or 1st laterally.  I noticed this on the tranny
itself before the install, and it's nothing more than a pain in the butt
when shifting right now.  I noticed in the bentley a reference in a diagram
to a 5th gear selector shaft adjuster, as well as a main selector shaft
adjuster. (don't have it in front of me, I think that's what it called them)
It mentions nothing more than their names and locations, which I noticed on
the tranny.  Can I use these to adjust the lateral notchiness?  If so, how?
If not, what do they do?

TIA, as always  :)

**Drew Teague**
Harrisburg, PA