hooray for mk1, fuel accumulator

Damn, I'm starting to like this car.  I think I want to get it painted.

My bro and I decided to have a repair session on my mk1 last night out
of boredom.  It turned out to be quite a productive night.  The weather
was fawkin great and the repairs were easy.  It took about two hours for
us to do all new shift linkage bushings, crush washers on the fuel pump,
injector o-rings, plugs, and fix an exhaust leak (stupid test port).
I'll be damned if the car doesn't start on the first crank now...the
injector o-rings had turned into plastic.  Aside from the lack of front
end alignment and lower steering column bearing, it's starting to feel
like a normal car.

This thing has a leaky fuel accumulator.  Do mk2s use one of these?  I
have access to two mk2s for parts.  If not, is it a bad idea to buy one
new?

Thanks.

Joe Doty
IT/Development