(sorta ot) hatch noises

anyone ever notice that all hatch backs have the same kinda squeaking noise?
the rocco has it, my buddies gti squeaks, and tonight i noticed it in my
probe on the way home. come to think of it my '84 z28 had the same squeaks.
kinda like the seal sliding against the hatch when you hit bumps and stuff.
do the bodies on all hatch back flex that much going over bumps or is there
another cause?

So Sayeth The Hitman
'88 "stripe" 16v scirocco
<http://www.techography.net:82/brettsgarage/>