Please HELP! My '76 Scirocco was Rear Ended! (Long!)

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C2FCAE.E2001340

First of all I've hurt like hell for the last week but since I hurt =
everyday anyway from a pre-existing back injury I'm now back to what I =
call normal, I had my 2 1/2 year old with me (unhurt during accident) =
securely restrained in her car seat that didn't budge when we were hit =
(I had a bracket added for the tether strap over the rear seat that =
connects to the seat belt anchor and it performed awesome, I highly =
recommend doing this if your using a child seat that supports it!)=20
I was hit by a 2003 Chevy Truck! Damage was to bumper/trim, rear body =
section, both of my "New" taillights are now broken, it also knocked my =
radiator loose out from the mounting holes in the chassis causing the =
fan to run against the starter solenoid. Drivers seatback release cable =
is also now broken. Pics are located here for those who wish to read on =
and participate in helping me determine the value of my car so I can =
prepare for battle with their insurance company in order to get it fixed =
as I don't carry full coverage on it yet: =
http://home.earthlink.net/~76rocco/Accident/index.htm damage is hard to =
see in the pics but it is substantial including hatch operation that now =
barely opens without excessive force needing to be required. What I need =
is help to find out what my 1976 SUPER SCIROCCO (Special Edition first =
year of CIS Injection)  is worth and what if any have recently sold for. =
I'm going to list what has recently been done to it and what parts I =
currently have for it but aren't yet installed, on that note does anyone =
know if I may apply those to the value of the car minus any installation =
costs since they were bought for this particular vehicle?
Car consists of a Rebuilt 1.6 8V mileage unknown due to failing/changed =
odometers over past 11 years but approx. 75k mi, has: 5qt. oil pan, adj. =
cam gear, chrome valve cover w/ new splash shield, Neuspeed Big Bore =
Throttle Body, 80mm thin lip sensor plate, K&N filter, Charging system =
rewire, Bosch 90 Amp alt.installed. Everything on car works!
Recent service/repairs/upgrades most performed in Apr.2002 include: All =
new motor mounts, Timing belt w/tensioner, alt. belt, all front =
seals/int. shaft o-ring replaced, valve adj., new breather hose, plugs, =
points, fuel filter, has always had 3k oil & filter changes!, Cooling =
system flush w/ new thermostat and fan switch, Autotech dual downpipe =
2-1/4" Dynomax Catback exhaust system.  5 speed (FO) Trans conversion w =
/ TT short shift kit w/ all new shift bushings, new complete 210mm =
clutch, new outer CV joints, w/ all 4 new CV boot kits, new final drive =
seals and mobil1 synthetic oil. New front brake hoses, master cylinder =
and fluid change. 16x7 Z-Racing wheels w/ BFG Euro T/A Tires (approx 7K =
mi.) Neuspeed front Upper stressbar, 16v front lower stressbar, Neuspeed =
rear anti-swaybar, New front upper strut mounts, Front Bilstein strut =
inserts w/ HOR springs, Rear KYB Gas-Adjust struts w/ Neuspeed Sport =
Springs, Zenon urethane S-style Front Airdam w/ custom side supports, =
Custom modified Audi sideskirts. Autopage Keyless entry Alarm System, =
High-end Kenwood flipface Cd player w/ 6-1/2 Alpine, 6x9 Pioneer =
speakers, MOMO steering wheel and adapter, 16v Scirocco front seats =
(very nice!), VDO oil pres, temp and volt gauges. Hella H-4 lowbeams w/ =
rewire and relays, US spec halogen highbeams, New electrical portion =
ignition switch,=20
Items that I currently have in my shed/garage for it are: a 1981 =
Scirocco "S" Parts Car (semi stripped),  a complete 1.8 ltr. JH ready =
for rebuild, Complete (German) Engine Gasket set, New (German) Oil Pump, =
New water pump w/ housing, (2) used 4K GTI Trannys, G-grind Euro Cam, =
Drake Adjustable Cam Gear, New front windshield, new windshield seal, =
New complete Bra for front-end, Power door lock kits w/ relays & wiring, =
Black carpet kit, professional black dye for door panels ect..., black =
vinyl to cover custom made rear seat door/speaker panels, New L&R front =
euro fenders(no sidemarkers or antenna hole), Stainless Steel exhaust =
tip, Electronic Ignition conversion w/ Distributor, ign. module, =
ignition coil and wire harness, 8v custom built braced race header =
(waiting for smog ck lift), Complete 16v Scirocco rear disc brake setup, =
16v Scirocco Front brake calipers and carriers, External oil cooler kit =
w/ oil thermostat filter stand, Complete interior A/C assembly w/ a new =
expansion valve (in box) (HOT climate zone - Daily Driven - I want/need =
A/C!), interior A/C vents,  A/C lines and condenser for engine =
compartment. I may have more hiding here and there but this is mainly =
the list I plan approaching them with since I have nearly every receipt =
for the items listed above. I'll be posting this on the VW Vortex =
Scirocco forum and here on the List. Thanks for any and all info that =
anyone can help provide....
Curt
'76 Super Scirocco 8V
Bakersfield, CA    =20

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C2FCAE.E2001340

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>First of all I've hurt like hell for =
the last week=20
but since I hurt everyday anyway&nbsp;from a pre-existing back injury =
I'm now=20
back to what I call normal, I had my 2 1/2&nbsp;year old with me (unhurt =
during=20
accident)&nbsp;securely restrained in her car seat that didn't budge =
when we=20
were hit (I had a bracket added&nbsp;for the tether strap over the rear =
seat=20
that connects to the&nbsp;seat belt anchor and it&nbsp;performed =
awesome, I=20
highly recommend doing this if your using a child seat that supports=20
it!)&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was hit by a 2003 Chevy Truck! Damage =
was to=20
bumper/trim, rear body section, both of my&nbsp;"New" taillights are now =

broken,&nbsp;it also knocked my radiator loose out&nbsp;from the =
mounting holes=20
in the chassis&nbsp;causing the&nbsp;fan to run against the starter=20
solenoid.&nbsp;Drivers seatback release cable is also now broken. Pics=20
are&nbsp;located here for those who wish to read on and participate in =
helping=20
me determine the value of my car so I can prepare for battle with their=20
insurance company in order to get it fixed as I don't carry full =
coverage on it=20
yet: <A=20
href=3D"http://home.earthlink.net/~76rocco/Accident/index.htm";>http://hom=
e.earthlink.net/~76rocco/Accident/index.htm</A>&nbsp;damage=20
is hard to see in the pics but&nbsp;it is substantial including hatch =
operation=20
that now barely opens without excessive force needing to&nbsp;be =
required. What=20
I need is help to find out what my 1976 SUPER SCIROCCO (Special Edition =
first=20
year of CIS Injection)&nbsp; is worth and what if any have recently sold =
for.=20
I'm going to list what has recently been done to it and what parts=20
I&nbsp;currently&nbsp;have for it but aren't yet installed, on that note =
does=20
anyone know if I may apply those to the value of the car minus any =
installation=20
costs since they were bought for this particular vehicle?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Car consists of a Rebuilt 1.6 8V =
mileage unknown=20
due to failing/changed odometers over past 11 years but approx. 75k mi, =
has:=20
5qt. oil pan, adj. cam gear, chrome valve cover w/ new splash shield, =
Neuspeed=20
Big Bore Throttle Body, 80mm thin lip&nbsp;sensor plate, K&amp;N filter, =

Charging system rewire, Bosch 90 Amp alt.installed. Everything on car=20
works!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Recent service/repairs/upgrades =
most&nbsp;performed=20
in&nbsp;Apr.2002 include: All new motor mounts, Timing belt w/tensioner, =
alt.=20
belt,&nbsp;all front seals/int. shaft&nbsp;o-ring&nbsp;replaced, valve =
adj., new=20
breather hose, plugs, points, fuel filter, has always had&nbsp;3k =
oil&nbsp;&amp;=20
filter changes!, Cooling system flush w/ new thermostat and fan switch, =
Autotech=20
dual downpipe 2-1/4" Dynomax Catback exhaust =
system.&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>5 speed (FO) Trans conversion w / TT short shift =
kit w/ all=20
new shift bushings, new complete 210mm clutch,&nbsp;new outer CV =
joints,&nbsp;w/=20
all 4 new CV boot kits, new final drive seals and mobil1 synthetic oil. =
New=20
front brake hoses, master cylinder and fluid change. 16x7 Z-Racing =
wheels w/ BFG=20
Euro T/A Tires (approx 7K mi.) Neuspeed front Upper stressbar, 16v front =
lower=20
stressbar, Neuspeed rear anti-swaybar, New front upper strut mounts, =
Front=20
Bilstein&nbsp;strut inserts w/ HOR springs, Rear KYB Gas-Adjust struts =
w/=20
Neuspeed Sport Springs, Zenon <FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3>urethane=20
S-style </FONT>Front Airdam w/ custom side supports, Custom modified=20
Audi&nbsp;sideskirts. Autopage Keyless entry Alarm System, High-end =
Kenwood=20
flipface Cd player w/ 6-1/2&nbsp;Alpine, 6x9 Pioneer speakers, MOMO =
steering=20
wheel and adapter, 16v Scirocco front seats (very nice!), VDO oil pres, =
temp=20
and&nbsp;volt gauges. Hella H-4 lowbeams w/&nbsp;rewire and relays, US =
spec=20
halogen highbeams, New electrical portion ignition switch, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Items that I currently&nbsp;have in my =
shed/garage=20
for it are: a 1981 Scirocco "S" Parts Car (semi stripped), &nbsp;a =
complete 1.8=20
ltr. JH ready for rebuild, Complete (German)&nbsp;Engine Gasket set, New =

(German) Oil Pump, New water pump w/ housing,&nbsp;(2) used 4K GTI =
Trannys,=20
G-grind Euro Cam, Drake Adjustable Cam Gear,&nbsp;New front windshield, =
new=20
windshield&nbsp;seal, New complete Bra for front-end, Power door lock =
kits w/=20
relays &amp; wiring, Black carpet kit, professional black dye for door =
panels=20
ect..., black vinyl to cover custom made rear seat door/speaker panels, =
New=20
L&amp;R front euro fenders(no sidemarkers or antenna hole), Stainless =
Steel=20
exhaust tip, Electronic Ignition conversion w/ Distributor, =
ign.&nbsp;module,=20
ignition coil and wire harness, 8v custom built braced&nbsp;race header =
(waiting=20
for smog ck lift), Complete 16v Scirocco&nbsp;rear disc brake setup, 16v =

Scirocco Front brake calipers and carriers, External oil cooler kit w/ =
oil=20
thermostat filter&nbsp;stand, Complete interior A/C assembly w/ a new =
expansion=20
valve (in box) (HOT climate zone - Daily&nbsp;Driven - I want/need =
A/C!),=20
interior A/C vents,&nbsp;&nbsp;A/C lines and condenser for engine =
compartment. I=20
may have more hiding here and there but this is mainly the list I plan=20
approaching them with since I have nearly every receipt for the items =
listed=20
above. I'll be posting this on the VW Vortex Scirocco forum and here on =
the=20
List. Thanks for any and all info that anyone can help =
provide....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Curt<BR>'76 Super Scirocco =
8V<BR>Bakersfield,=20
CA&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C2FCAE.E2001340--