(BAD IDLE WHAT DO I DO!?)

--0-407847599-1049583003=:27369

Though others will know much better than I, have you checked anything involving fuel? It sounds to me like you just don't have fuel pressure or something along those lines. Sounds like it burns the fuel in the lines, then doesn't get any more and dies. Others will tell you what exactly to check and stuff, but it's a start.
Dan
 "J. Jones" <coolj30@hotmail.com> wrote:
I have been fighting with my 87 16v Scirocco for over a month to get it to run better. I start the car and it idles fine then it slowly slows down and if I let it, it dies. Some times I start the car it runs fine for about 5 minutes then it starts to act up. The other day I went to take it for a drive to see if the work I put into it did anything and it died before I even got out of my driveway. I put a new distrubitor cap, new bosch plugs, new plug wires,new injector o- rings, new air filter, changed the oil, new upper and lower intake gaskets, and a new throttle body to intake gasket on, and no improvements! Today being curios to see if the airflow sensor plate was set right, I looked at it, and it wasn't. So I used my Haynes repair manual and I set it to the correct setting best to my ability. Now the car runs even worse!!!! I talked to a mechanic about it and he thinks it sounds like the closed throttle idle switch is bad.
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS???????????????????
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!  I WANNA DRIVE MY ROCCO AGAIN!

---------------------------------

--0-407847599-1049583003=:27369

<P>Though others will know much better than I, have you checked anything involving fuel? It sounds to me like you just don't have fuel pressure or something along those lines. Sounds like it burns the fuel in the lines, then doesn't get any more and dies. Others will tell you what exactly to check and stuff, but it's a start.
<P>Dan
<P>&nbsp;<B><I>"J. Jones" &lt;coolj30@hotmail.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
<DIV>
<DIV>
<P>I have been fighting with my 87 16v Scirocco for over a month to get it to run better. I start the car and it idles fine then it slowly slows down and if I let it, it dies. Some times I start the car it runs fine for about 5 minutes then it starts to act up. The other day I went to take it for a drive to see if the work I put into it did anything and it died before I even got out of my driveway. I put a new distrubitor cap, new bosch plugs, new plug wires,new injector o- rings, new air filter, changed the oil,&nbsp;new upper and lower intake gaskets, and a new throttle body to intake gasket on, and no improvements! Today being curios to see if the airflow sensor plate was set right, I looked at it, and it wasn't. So I used my Haynes repair manual and I set it to the correct setting best to my ability. Now the car runs even worse!!!! I talked to a mechanic about it and he thinks it sounds like the closed throttle idle switch is bad.<BR>DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS???????????????????<BR><B><I>ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!&nbsp; </I>I WANNA DRIVE MY ROCCO AGAIN!</P></B></DIV></DIV><BR clear=all>
<HR>
--0-407847599-1049583003=:27369--