From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Michael Abatzis
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 2:30 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Do Side View Mirrors come apart?

dunno if it comes apart, but the glass comes out easily. why not just
swap
the glass into your current unit? unless the motor is broken? to remove
the
glass, stick a thin flat screwdriver in the hole at the bottom of the
mirror. there's a plastic bezel that can be rotated (in the plane of the

mirror) with the screwdriver, and the glass comes right out. it's in
bentley, iirc. hth,

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA-->Soon to be New Orleans!
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, finally taking orders:
www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...

>From: "Rick Kellner" <rfkellner@snet.net>
>To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Do Side View Mirrors come apart?
>Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 13:33:24 -0500
>
>I just sourced a perfect condition, passenger side, electric controlled
>side view mirror to replace the non reflective one I have now.  Only
one
>minor challenge, it is red and my car is black.  The front, or forward
>half of the mirror case is red, the rest of the outer case is black.
It