eek! someone please help!

<DIV></DIV><FONT size=2>yesterday when i was driving to work, i went to shift into third gear on the turnpike on ramp.&nbsp; my clutch petal completely lost all pressure and tension behind it and my car started sputtering up the hill, obviously loosing speed and not having enough to be in third.&nbsp; so i quickly threw it into neutral, coasted to the shoulder, and turned the engine off.&nbsp; there is no pressure WHATSOEVER behind the petal.&nbsp; i checked my clutch cable and that is fine.&nbsp; i also checked what linkage i could get to on the side of the road, and that all seems intacted.&nbsp; i dont know if it may be my pressure plate or something with the linkage or even something else.&nbsp; if anyone can give me some input, that would be great.&nbsp; because i have work at 1:30, no car, no ride, and i was like 3hours late yesterday.&nbsp; </FONT><BR><BR><BR><FONT size=2>-melissa- </FONT>
<DIV></DIV><FONT size=2>Harrisburg, Pa </FONT>
<DIV></DIV><FONT size=2>86 8v Scirocco ("new" body for my 87) </FONT>
<DIV></DIV><FONT size=2>87 8v Scirocco (recently wrecked; guts soon to be donated to the 86) </FONT>
<DIV></DIV><FONT size=2>87 Wolfsburg Jetta, 4dr </FONT>