List Etiquette

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 02:23:36PM -0600, ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:

> Ahem, Brian, I requested many moon ago that the list be setup to the reply
> button replies to the LIST not to the individual and I was told by whom ever
> runs the mail server that it was not going to happen, (forget the reason why
> really) but I know it would be simpler to do it that way.. but eh what do I
> know I am just a French Canadian in Texas (grin)

See http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
And http://www.metasystema.org/essays/reply-to-useful.mhtml

if you care.  Here's a procmail recipe that manipulates the headers to set
the reply-to address be the list.  Works great with all non-braindead
email programs.

:0 f
* ^X-BeenThere:.scirocco-l@scirocco.org
| formail -i "Reply-To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org"

Dan

--

COTS / Grimstari - Separating the "Crazy, haha" from the "Crazy, ohoh"

		--BHZ