Wheel spacers?

The best spacers are the H&R spacers, IMO.  The smallest ones
I know of are 8mm in thickness.  Potterman sells these, along
with the longer wheel bolts.  Or you could do as I did on my mk1
and spend the $$ on converting to wheel studs and nuts.
H&R also makes these... and guess who can get it?  see above.  ;)

Ben