Still having a fuel system problem...

Hello again, I posted last weekend about having a humming sound and
stalling.  Upon closer inspection while the car was making the sound I had
the access cover off of fuel sender/internal pump.  By way of feeling
vibrations I could tell the humming was coming from outside the tank and not
inside.  So I replaced the main fuel pump.  Then the next day heard no
humming but the car did stall a couple times when pulling up to a light.
There was no indication prior to the stall either, no irradic idle or noise
just dead.  Today it started doing the humming again so I climbed under the
car to see if I could more accurately determine the source.  It seems to me
that the accumulator is the source of the humming sound.  Before dishing out
more money on parts that I don't need to replace, what might cause this
humming?  Is it a bad accumulator or something else affecting it.  How about
a dirty fuel filter,  going to replace that this week anyway.  Any
suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks.

greg

'87 16V