headunit opionions

--0-1351117003-1049228189=:13815

I have a Panasonic Mp3/CD player. Has an extra rca for subs and excellent tuning ability. I can adjust the subs seperatly from the rest and it has a really cool bass boost feature as well. Came with a useless remote which I promptly lost. It looks cool too, it's silver with blue lights and a blue circle around the volume dial. Also has a detatchable faceplate which is nice. My only complaint with it is that it's pretty hard to adjust settings while driving, or set stations and stuff like that. I've got it down pretty well, but it's still a little too complex for my taste while driving. Also, it's about 1 1/2-2yrs old and though it doesn't skip, it doesn't seem to like to shuffle much anymore. It'll shuffle a few songs and then just decide not to. Cost me $300 at the time but I'm sure you could find it cheaper now, due to the age. I'm running Alpine front speakers which I have yet to get to distort with the proper settings and Kenwood Excelons for the rear, which provide good 'filler' sound. HTH
Dan
 Robert Luhrs <rob.luhrs@sitescape.com> wrote:I have an Alpine 7894 Mp3/Cd.. never skipped.. sounds great..
Matched up with all Boston Acoustic speakers... and in general.. in
all of our VW's my dad and I have put in ALpines and never had
problems with skipping ever..
Rob