[tech] Throttle body issues... discovered something...

--0-1402674613-1049161851=:44317

Do you plan on fabricating anything to keep them from melting again?
-Rob
 ATS - Patrick Bureau <txrocco@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
During my work on my 2L I took a long look at my Audi TB, I had in the past
experience like many sluggishness with my pedal acceleration response time,
and like most I had changed the cable and it did solve some of it, but I
never was happy with it, today, I took my TB apart for cleaning and painting
it, and found that the rear plastic bushings (closest to exhaust) had in
fact molded and melted part ways to match into the springs, making the
assembly stiff and harder to move around... something to think about...

here is a picture, the obvious old bushings are on the left, the new ones on
the right.