Hot blower fan lead

Carl,
You only need one relay, basically you will be taking the load off of
the fuse panel connections by using the relay, this will supply the fresh
air (Heater Fan) a better source of power, the relay kit contains 4 wires
that are RED, BLACK, YELLOW and BLUE, for this configuration you would
connect them in the following way:
First disconnect the negative battery terminal (better safe than sorry),
then locate the wire that normally feeds power to the fan switch (black
w/red from terminal D19 for '77?) behind the dash closest to the switch as
possible, next you will need to cut this wire approximately 1 to 2 inches
from the connector, now connect the portion of this wire that comes from the
fuse box to the relay kit's BLUE wire (this will now feed a signal to the
relay allowing it to energize), next locate an available ground location, if
there is not a factory ground tree nearby you will need to attach a ring
terminal to the YELLOW wire, drill a hole for a sheet metal screw and secure
this to the metal on the car body (this provides a ground for the relay to
operate), next connect the BLACK wire to the remaining peice that you cut
earlier that leads to the switch, next you need to connect the RED wire to a
power source that is hot at all times, you have a few options here, you
could run
a wire from the battery + (recommended), or connect it to an available
Battery + terminal
located behind fuse box (this should work fine due to the fact that this is
tied into the main power feed located right beside it-piggyback connector on
G1?) next you need to
locate a spot to mount or secure the relay and fuse holder (The Bosch comes
with mounting spot at top), finally use some wire ties or tape to secure the
wires and route them away from potential damage areas(make it a clean
factory look), reconnect negative
battery terminal and test operation. the only drawback to this is that if
you were to experiance a problem that blew a fuse you will now need to get
behind dash to inspect/replace it, although with a little more work and some
scavaging from a parts car you could locate the relay on a factory holder
and use a factory auxillary fuse holder next to it for the ultimate install!
I'm sending you some pics of the kit I've
mentioned as well as some pic's of the factory parts that I've mentioned
using seeing that I am planning to do it this way on my own car very soon.
If you have any
additional ?'s just ask....Curt

The terminals/wiring of this relay kit is defined as follows:
YELLOW=#86 (Ground)
BLACK=#87 (Power Out)
BLUE=#85 (Energize
RED=#30
Common Relay Connections:
30 input battery voltage (battery +)
87 switched voltage output to activate relay (from a key on/energized
source)
85 connected to ground.(chassis ground)
86 output voltage.(output voltage to the device being powered)

HTH