[tech] longitudal engines

Foxx wrote:

> just wondering if anyone has seen an engine put front-to-rear in a
> scirocco instead of side-to-side.

Not in a VW, but Ron Wood has a VW 16v motor mounted north-south in his
Coupe Quattro rally car.  The thing puts out some insane amount of HP,
and he offered it for sale (motor only!) for like $7k a while back...

Speaking of Ron - I won't be making it down to San Diego today after
all, so I won't be able to hook up <yet> with Larry or Shawn for
an initial look-see at my front bar.. I'm outta town next weekend
but will shoot for the w/e after.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA