Another one bites the dust (don't drive like an idiot!).

sorry to see josh, that completely and utterly sucks! i'm glad you're
alright, and hopefully johnny law won't be to hard on you. good luck in the
search for a new rocco, or the attempted repairs. lmk if i can help you out
in any way.
   brett

>From: <joshhignight@techography.net>
>To: Scirocco List <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Another one bites the dust (don't drive like an idiot!).
>Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:36:01 -0400
>
>The 85' 16v has been taken out. Being an idiot, I decided to show-off on
>the road leading to my apartment complex. It's approx. 1/8 mile until you
>raech a downward sloping, gradual right hander. Coming into the turn with
>way too much speed (~80) I tried to slow her down and the Ferodo's promptly
>locked and the whine of the SP9000's didn't ceased until I had already
>jumped the outside curb of the turn and begin to slide on the grass.
>Attempts to de-lock the brakes were futile, up to nearly complete release
>of the brakes! After hitting the grass momentum was kept until a friendly
>fire hydrant stopped me very completely and suddenly. Many thanks to german
>engineers, I am completely fine. The car on the other hand...
>
>As of now, it's getting dark, so I will asess it better tomorrow after
>church. I took some pictures while waiting around for tow/cops to arrive.
>For those curious, they are located here
><http://groups.msn.com/jblank/1985scirocco16v.msnw?Page=1>
>
>These are untouched, and I'll add more later as well.
>
>William, I won't be at Circle Yer Wagens. Dan Williams, I'll get those rims
>to you some other time I suppose.
>
>Anyone have a roc I can transfer all useable parts to that they want to
>sell me really cheap?
>

>Joshua

So Sayeth The Hitman
'86 "psycho 16v" scirocco