cracked euro lights (again)

I was walking past the front of my car today and noticed that now the
passenger side main beam is cracked as well (from the heat of the 80/100s
and the impact protectors..)

My inner H3's are still okay so I'm wondering if it would be a good idea
to remove the protectors from them.. it seems like since they're 100s
there'd be a lot more heat and a lot less surface area to dissipate that
heat. Then again, if I take the protectors off.. I'm sure they'll be
shattered by a rock the very next time I drive the car.

Still.. I think I will take the protectors off so I only have two lenses
to replace instead of all four. But I'm going to leave them on the main
beams to help hold the broken glass together and maybe keep some of the
moisture out (if I'm lucky).

What do you guys think?

-Toby

BTW - not that anyone is going to miss me, but I'm "leaving the list" for
another 9 months of school. The car is coming with me this time but it
won't get driven much (parking is hard here at the UW) and I won't be
working on it at all (no time, no place). So thanks to all of you that
have responded to my "inquiries" over the last couple months especially
regarding the engine swap. And I'll be back next May..