rev needs help

>From: john ballard <revjohnballard2@yahoo.com>
>
>my car wont idle it just dies

um. ok. you'll have to be more specific than that.

>motor block vibrates real bad

probably pass side motor mount--did it do that when it was working?

>befor it was broken it idled at 1200rpms

that's too high.

>distributor hall sender connector is lose on the part that goes to the
>distributor.

not good, but not neccessarily a problem.  it'll make the car die/not have
spark if this connection's bad.

>flex pipe is broken from the vibrating, no problem i already have a
>techtonichs downpipe.

cool. install a heavy duty tranny mount to keep your engine from rocking
back and breaking the new dp.

>making a ticking noise when the engine works

? maybe valve lifters? make sure you have enough oil in there. sometimes
heavier weight oil quiets them down. i've also had luck running a quart of
mystery marvel oil in the engine for a day or so of driving before changing
the oil.

>car starts and will drive, but it feels like it is only running on 3
>cylinders.

maybe it is.  pull 1 plug at a time and see if the idle changes.  if it
doesn't change when you pull the plug, you aren't getting spark to that
cylinder.

>i hope someone can help me out.  sorry for repeating myself, but i got this
>car for a daily driver.   I am taking pics to show you all how beautiful it
>really is.  A great credit the the german engineering.

a lot of these symptoms can be solved with a tuneup. if you don't have a
bentley manual, GET ONE. then adjust fuel mixture, idle, timing. change
plugs/oil/brake fluid/coolant/air filter/fuel filter. other things to
consider are broken vaccuum hoses, worn fuel injector o-rings (like $0.50
each, fairly easy to change). this will most likely solve 95% of your
problems. oh, and change your timing belt! this sounds like a lot of stuff,
but except for the motor mounts (and maybe timing belt) you can do it in an
afternoon, even if you haven't done it much before.

>thanks for the help fellow scirocco lovers.
>
>revjohnballard

your welcome. hth, g/l!

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, prelim web site, but not taking orders
yet: www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...