16v exhaust manifold

--part1_a5.2e2da55a.2ac25f2d_boundary

       Just pulled thew head off the roc and found that the exhaust manifold
is cracked.  I have the techtonics downpipe and I figure that due to the lack
of flex in that pipe it has caused the crack.  Am I on the right track?  Is
there a way to fix the cause so it won't happen again.
       It looks like it could be a bear to weld, has anybody welded one with
success?

       Thanks in advance for any input

Shamus

--part1_a5.2e2da55a.2ac25f2d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Just pulled thew head off the roc and found that the exhaust manifold is cracked.&nbsp; I have the techtonics downpipe and I figure that due to the lack of flex in that pipe it has caused the crack.&nbsp; Am I on the right track?&nbsp; Is there a way to fix the cause so it won't happen again.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It looks like it could be a bear to weld, has anybody welded one with success?<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks in advance for any input<BR>
<BR>
Shamus </FONT></HTML>

--part1_a5.2e2da55a.2ac25f2d_boundary--