suspension hell now = suspension heaven, but with questions

if he is rubbing on 185's does that mean my 205's will rub when i lower the
87?  the wheels arent stock, they are 14" american racing. i want to lower
the car at least an inch, but no more than 2". i need new suspension soon
because mine is too soft. i bottom out the front suspension when going over
speed bumps (im sure slowing down wouldnt hurt, but thats no fun)

-tony