[Re: AAA experiance (towing)]

"Sciroccos" <sciroccos@attbi.com> wrote:
AFAIK, the car needs to be registered and have a valid inspection sticker=
=2E

Chris

I think that's correct in theory. But chances are they won't check the
ownership.
The local CAA guy just brought the Jetta home and basicly wanted to know =
if it
was to go home or to the dealer, he's so used to towing our VWs he knows =
where
to "home" is. He was really good, flatbed, with planks, and he helped pus=
h it
into the garage. It's really low, and no issues with scraping, etc. I don=
't
think he has ever asked for proof of ownership, just the membership numbe=
r.
CAA/AAA are the same thing, we can get maps and so on down in the US with=
out
difficulty.

They even phoned today to apologise because the service was slow. =

Cathy