From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org [mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On
Behalf Of Captnbr@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2002 9:18 AM
To: Scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: Leak, I finally figured it out Yahooo

Well after FIVE years of having a leaky hatch, I finally figured it
out!!!!!!!  I've been sealing the lights, the window seals everything.  And
today I noticed that my Volkswagen emblem was a little loose so I pulled it
off and WTF  THERE ARE HOLES IN THE HATCH  where the emblems go into!!!!!!!!
On the emblems there are little plastic pins that go into the hatch and
there is no sealer around them. All of them have this.  So if your hatch is
leaking and you can't figure out how to stop it, pull off all of the emblems
and seal up them holes with some RTV sealant.  Ahhhh now I can finally get
rid of that mold smell.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6