MkI 4speed vs 5 speed clutch difference

--=======79CC1C34=======

At 10:37 AM 9/22/02 -0700, T Berk wrote:

>"John C. Worden" wrote:
> >
> > Anyone know if the clutches for these two transaxles (the 4 and the 5
> > speed) are different and why?
> > Just wondering because I saw one listed on ebay cheap, but said it was for5
> > speed 79-80, and some of you
> > know there are a lot of people on there that don't really know what they
> > are selling.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > John C. Worden
>

>Wouldn't the difference be 190 mm vs 210 mm?  Need more info- just what
>are they selling? PP? Friction disk ala carte?
>

>TBerk
It's the whole kit.  Like a lot of things on ebay it just list application,
not specs;
and I'm sure the seller doesn't know anymore than what he's listed.  So what
I gather from everyone is the 4 speed and some early 5 speed all use the same
190mm.  I thought I remember seeing a 200mm kit listed in catologs at some
point,
maybe a for a dasher or something?

John