control arm mount Q?

So lets just say someone was putting in new control arms on an A1 and one
of the rear mounting bolts was to break (you know, the ones that come down
from the underside of the car).  How not fun is this to fix if at all
possible?  Anyone dealt with this before?  Reason I ask is because I was
planning on changing a set but they are rusted all to hell.  I have liquid
wrenched them for a couple days now as well as taken heat to them and each
time I try to get the nut loose, it's just feels wrong so I don't continue
for fear of busting the bolts.  And since this is not my car I would really
not want to turn this relatively easy swap into a nightmare.  TIA for any
advice.

Jody Bailey
82 Scirocco 2L 8v