euro lights + protectors + heat = cracked euro lights

> Sorry to hear this... cause it happened to me too!
> I also have 80/100's

Huh, guess I'm not alone then. I always just assumed that the heat problem
only affected "them".. that is, the nutties running 130 or 160 watt
bulbs..

> I only noticed my crack after I had needed the high beams
> one night...next day is when I saw the crack...
> no chips in the lens so it must have been from the heat.

Yep, it sucks. I'm hoping that the impact saver dealie might still keep
moisture from getting in through the crack as readily.. but with my luck
the bulbs will be underwater in a couple of weeks (we get a lot of rain
here in Seattle)

> No good...those 80/100's are sooo nice, but obviously a better
> solution is needed.

Yeah they're nice! They're so bright that insects get vaporized before
they can hit my windshield. Not to mention being able to see through
pedestrian's clothing.. Heheh...

> Any ideas?

Hmm, heat sinks and electric fans with thermally conductive grease on the
back of the reflectors? Nah, too geeky and probably not very effective.

I'm still waiting for science to develop a high power and high efficiency
light bulb that would run cold yet have ample output for headlight
use.

-Toby