euro lights + protectors + heat = cracked euro lights

Dammit!!

I *just* bought a replacement high beam lens from Dirk so I would have a
perfect, undinged set of euro lights. Well, not any more. When I put the
replacement lens on, I installed the 'impact light savers' that I
got from potterman..

Three or four days after installing them (yesterday) I noticed that my
driver side main beam has a huge, very visible horizontal crack through
the glass. No scratches or dings on the protectors so it wasn't impact
related.

It must be the 80/100W bulbs.. which I'm not willing to give up because
they kick ass like no other..

I'm too broke to buy a new mainbeam lens so for now I'll just live with
crappy, broken euro lights.. which are still better than US lights.

*sigh*

-Toby