Rear suspension crazyness HELP

I R&R'd the front front struts last weekend. peice of cake, I got to looking
at the rear and whooooo! my driver side rear tire is tilted in at the top of
the tire rubbing up against the spring. I have no idea when started or why?,
my struts up front were toast and I figure the rear were as well and aim the
replace them this weekend. I know the is not my to the rear but i can't
figure out what could be bent, maybe my spindel? or would it be the whole
control arm? a buddy said it was the alignment but I suspect something
worse. TIA

side note, while looking at Calimus's pics, I noticed his springs her took
off were black, mine are red any one think they are aftermarket or did VW
put red springs on there cars?

Elijah  86 16v