guess who gets today's Darwin award....

Yes, AAA guy will likely carry slimjims.
I don't know about Mk2's, but based on experience slim jims do
not work on Mk1 Sciroccos. When my drivers door mechanism snapped
in my Mk1 recently and I was locked out, the only way to get in
was to use a plastic wedge between the top of the passenger door and b
pillar and actually bend the door until a strap could
be lowered in and the door manually unlocked from the
inside. Very crude, but no damage was done to the door.
The Mk2 door is thicker, so I'm not sure if this would work.
Good luck. Moral of the story: make sure you have a backup key!!

Kareem
81 S 88 16v