fuel pressure regulator question (REPOST)

hmmm, nobody answered.  Let's try again in case anybody missed it.

Hey guys

1)  Ok so I've stumbled across these 'instructions' on how to turn our fuel
pressure regulators into adjustable ones. It's really quite simple.
Basically you alter the voltage of the input wire of the fuel regulator with
a dash mounted rheostat, which in turn alters the control pressure. You can
then monitor your mixture with an exhaust gas temperature gauge. Seems
simple enough to setup.  My question is rather about how the pressure
regulator works from the factory.  Does it work off of heat from the block,
or a signal from the wire?  The instructions say to re-mount the regulator
somewhere else, away from the heat of the block.  Will the car still warm up
well by itself without me having to touch the knob?  Or am I going to have
to constantly adjust the knob for the correct mixture.  I'd like to be able
to just set it and leave it, just like it is now.  It sure would be cool to
be able to crank it up for a quick burst of power, or dial it a little lean
on the freeway to save even more on gas. I just want to make sure it won't
turn into a pain in the ass.

2)  So if I'm making my regulator adjustable, would I then benefit from
switching it to a bigger model, like from a porsche or something?  That way
I could leave myself some room, fuel-wise, for future mods.  Any bosch 2
wire pressure regulator should work with the above system, and I should be
able to dial in the right control pressure for my motor. Any thoughts / part
numbers on bigger regulators?

3)  I guess this relates a little to the operation of the full throttle
switch on the later cars.  (I have an '82)  I am guessing that when the full
throttle switch is activated, the control pressure is increased a little to
richen the mixture. Is this correct?  Could I hook up a full throttle switch
to activate the cold-start injector for the same effect?

TIA

Vince