From: Ron Pieper [mailto:rapieper@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 5:59 AM
To: Josh Able; The Hitman; losinit@usa.net; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: OT: Question for the Americans

Sorry boys, we are not suffering economically from a single thing Bush
has or has not done.  Clinton rode Reagan's economic success until the
end of his term when the bubble burst.

If we'd had intelligence (both CIA and in the White House during the
Clinton years this thing would never have gotten to where it is today.
Bush is not a warmonger, but he's faced with thwarting a threat that's
been allowed to grow *far* too long.  I am not in favor of a war but
what are the consequences of doing nothing (again)?

AFA the Golden Rule, when I see folks gleefully dancing in the street
over the deaths of my innocent countrymen, well, whose side am I on?
There's no kissy-kissy kumbaya stuff here, it's already seen to be life
and death.  And not of soldiers, of our innocent daddies and mommies.
And kids, it ain't over.

Remember, the best defense is a good offense.  The wisdom is in its
use.

Do I want war?  No.  Do I hate Arabs?  No.  Can I understand the
extremist hate for Americans?  No, not really, but I know we're not the
most loved folks in the world when our wallets are removed from the
evaluation (but then again, smallmindedness is nearly as rampant
overseas as it is here - most of the folks I've met overseas who are
disdainful of Americans have never been here to know and walk amongst
us).

So...George, please tread forcefully but carefully.  Don't back down.
The lives of my wife and kids and my countrymen - and the futures of
many Arabs - depend on it.

Ron
Conservative.

=====