From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Cathy Boyko
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 9:57 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Clutches, let's try again

I posted a while ago about needing a clutch. And only 1 person replied. So
no
opinions on the subject?

Here's a recap. This will be the third in two years. It was a stock 210mm
Sachs, and the car is a mildly modified 2L 16V with an AGB/3.94/Quaife,
which
gets abused at the drag strip regularily, and also does lots of normal
street
driving.

So here are the questions :
1. Is there an advantage to anything other than a third stock clutch for
this
application? If so, what. I see Sachs has a sport setup, and there are a
number of harsher options. Opinions? ( I just can't believe there are no
opinions...)

2. Is this possibly a result of some other related component that needs
attention? Last dead clutch was dry (not oil fouled)

3. As for the light flywheels, a good or bad thing for the strip? I'd think
bit of flywheel momentum may be good (less chance to stall), but then so is
reduced mass....

Just fishing, it sucks (is expensive) to be doing this so often, like every
10,000 kms or less. Surely someone has tried something different, even if it
didn't work, LMK that too.

Thanks!
Cathy, slipping at 4 grand