Bolting seats to the floor?

Any problems with this ... ? Is this how the race seats attach?

The seats I would like to install come from a Porsche, have narrow rails,
and would be much better sitting on the floor because I need to gain extra
head room for a future endeavor.

So can I bolt em to the floor? Can I remove the hump where there normal seat
bolts up to - I know I know, it's been mentioned that might be a structural
unit in a side crash, but I don't plan to get hit from the side, and I'll
find some other place to add a support.
I need that hump out of the way so the seats can slide forward.

Tia,

1988 16V Scirocco - Black
1983  8V Scirocco - For sale:
http://www.imaginehow.com/scirocco/83/scirocco8v.htm