hesitation

On three separate days this week, my '87 16V has hesitated, very briefly,
soon after start-up/drive-away.  It's like the ignition key is being turned
off and on again as fast as you can.  The engine absolutely shuts off for
1/4 second. ...then continues to run perfectly.  The lights and radio
continue to operate normally when it does this.
 Anyone had this happen?  I don't want to be stranded ten miles from home
some dark morning.  Who has some good advice?

Larry
old crock

Introducing NetZero Long Distance