(update)Possible Victim of SMS?!? Please help!

--part1_d3.114522e3.2aaa7d58_boundary

Today I was able to jack up my car and see what was going on with the leak. I
was not able to find any hole in the dif casing, and noticed the leak seemed
to be coming from the output shaft seal (green one sticking out), which
seemed like a good sign. Then I drained what little amount of oil was left in
the thing and when I strained it found a little bit over normal amount of
metal flakes and one or two sizable chunks (for lack of anything more
reasonable to compare to I would say maybe the size of half a rice crispy and
a little smaller, and yes I am eating some rice crispies right now).
       Ok so I am think I am not going to have to drop the tranny
immediately, but should I be very worried about the chunks and SMS problems
soon? or do I have time? If so, since I have the time now should I just
change the piece of housing and do the bolt kit?
Sorry about all the questions and thanks in advance.
       Randy

--part1_d3.114522e3.2aaa7d58_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2>Today I was able to jack up my car and see what was going on with the leak. I was not able to find any hole in the dif casing, and noticed the leak seemed to be coming from the output shaft seal (green one sticking out), which seemed like a good sign. Then I drained what little amount of oil was left in the thing and when I strained it found a little bit over normal amount of metal flakes and one or two sizable chunks (for lack of anything more reasonable to compare to I would say maybe the size of half a rice crispy and a little smaller, and yes I am eating some rice crispies right now).<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Ok so I am think I am not going to have to drop the tranny immediately, but should I be very worried about the chunks and SMS problems soon? or do I have time? If so, since I have the time now should I just change the piece of housing and do the bolt kit?<BR>
Sorry about all the questions and thanks in advance.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Randy</FONT></HTML>

--part1_d3.114522e3.2aaa7d58_boundary--