Best tranny for turbo Q

There's a guy on Vortex that is very knowledgeable that is running about
8 psi on a 1.8 L 8V. He is currently running a 3.94 final drive and says
first gear is useless.
For that reason I'll be using an ACN when the time comes. It may only
reduce first gear torque by 7%, but it's a step in the right direction.
Dan