new cheap paint on my mk.2

Hello everyone.  Things are great with my '83 mk.2!  I
have just picked it up from the paint shop and it
looks good (see link)  I went the cheap way and had
Maaco do their Presidential job with sealer.  It was
only $399 Canadian ($262 US.)  I did my own bodywork
and prep, so it came out really well.  It's not
noticable that the car doesn't have a clear coat of
paint.  My car is supposed to have Zermatt silver
paint on it, but with Maaco you have to choose from
their colours.  It has Maaco's Starglo Silver Metallic
on it.  It looks like Flash silver, but it seems OK as
a colour.
Other good news,  I passed our emissions control test.
 I'm lucky because my car is registered as a non
catalyst car , yet the previous owner has a catalytic
on it so it always does well.  Strangely enough, my
registration says that my car has a 1.7 in it, yet the
car has a 1.8 JH.  The losers at the emissions control
centre look for the unleaded pump blocker on the gas
tank neck and the catalytic converter even though the
registration says no catalyst!
<http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/palace_master>
Take a look at the Mk.1 that's for sale at a local
garage.  I luckily had my digicam on me so I took some
snaps.  He wants $1500 CDN for it .  It has not been
passed through emissions tests, but he'll do it for
the buyer.  The floors and frame look good, but some
amateur has started fiddling with the bodywork and not
finished it; so the doors are rusty and the hood has
grinder marks on it.  I don't know what year it is but
it has manual transmission and CIS.  The upholstery
needs some help.  The seats aren't torn, but the
drivers side bolster foam has disintegrated.  The shop
owner is:
Nizar (604)771-1440 or (604)299-6630 and it's located
in Burnaby , British Columbia
3855 Douglas Road,

Chris J.
'83 scirocco GT