Best tranny for turbo Q

I've heard a few people say that an FF is the ideal tranny for a turbo'd VW.
I can't decide whether I should use an FF or a 9A on my turbo project.  The
9A has the same ratios as the close ratio boxes with a slightly taller final
drive.  My theory on the 9A box is that it has the tight ratios to help out
with acceleration while the turbo is lighting up, yet has the taller final
drive to let you wind it out a little more when the boost DOES kick in.

Has anyone driven/owned them both and come up with a favorite?

Tom in Tucson
www.area-53.com
88 Rocco 16V
86 Rocco 16V
80 Rocco S (turbo project, also my first Roc)
79 Rocco (16V conversion)
76 Rocco (racer project)
84 Jetta Turbodiesel (my first VW ever)
82 Rabbit Pickup
85 Audi Coupe GT
81 Porsche 924 Turbo
89 Chev Suburban (family truckster)
74 GMC 1 ton 454 P/U (hay hauler/tow monster)
72 GMC 3-door Suburban (4WD toy)
85 John Deere (workhorse)
And 4 other VW parts cars...