tranny/cv/diff failure?

ok, i finally got time to work on the car and got under it. something really looks odd. the inner cv joint on both sides seem to move up and down as it rotates, like if you look at it from the bottom you can see there is more room between the centre and the outside edge almost as if it wasnt mounted directly in the centre?? i checked for play and the only play i can get is barely noticable in/out movement on the passenger side.

along with the inner joint looking off centre, the outers do also. where the halfshafts meet the joint they are moving with the same up/down motion relative to the rotation as the inner.

im gonna go pick up some tools to take the shafts out and get under again.

i had another question but i forget  >:(

thanks,
rhys