From: "Dave Ewing" <rabbit16v@attbi.com>
To: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2002 9:40 PM
Subject: (Diesel) Propane injection!!

Hey all!!

I just wanted to probe some of the brilliant minds out there on this
subject.  A co-clubber on Hot Rabbits on Yahoo is trying to come up with a
way to do a backyard type of propane injection on his turbo diesel.  The
rumor is that it is suppose to be more efficient (better than 50mpg???) and
basically double the HP.  Plus, you can run propane 100% of the time, not
just on and off when you need a little boost (diesels need boost 100% of the
time!!).  Anyway, he has come up with quite a few parts and is about ready
to finish the project except he needs some way to convert the liquid propane
into a gas.  I am not exactly sure how this works or what would need to be
done but it is apparent (I think) that you cannot inject liquid propane into
a diesel motor.

Along the same lines, couldn't someone that is converting LPG to gas use it
as an AC type system?  Since turning LPG to gas decreases the temperature
and can cause pipe freeze, couldn't you run it through an evaporator and use
it as a coolant for an A/C system?  Then you have an A/C system that
INCREASES power!!

Dave