Ignition key cylinder removal?

Is it possible to remove the key cylinder from the ignition? The doodad that
it's in, the bottom mounting screw on mine is stripped, which allows it
enough play to short the horn .. I had to pull the fuse to keep it quiet.

I haven't found a long and slim enough bolt to secure it with a nut on the
end, so I need a new doodad - that thing that bolts to the steering column.
Can I get my key cylinder out and then into a new one?

Anyone else have that problem with the threads stripping on theirs (those 3
gold colored screws)

TIA

1988 16V Scirocco - Black
1983  8V Scirocco - For sale: