CIS question (10:1 compression and knock sensor?)

"Greg Davis - DriversFound.com" wrote:

> > in my car, and I'm pretty sure it's a 10:1 compression engine.  I
> > vaugely remember reading in the 8v forum on the vortex that a knock
> > sensor (which I do have on my car) won't work properly on
> > cars with 10:1
>
> The knock sensor came on the 10:1 motors, ie. 1987 GTI (the donor for
> my KS).  If someone posted otherwise, they are wrong.  I vaguely
> remember some speculation about the KS and solid lifters - works fine
> for me though.
>
> Have you checked for vacuum leaks?  And adjusted the fuel mixture?
>
> Greg :) 1985 Scirocco 2.0L 8V
> http://www.DriversFound.com
> http://www.GAKMotorsports.com

The car runs fine when the O2 sensor isn't hooked up, so I don't have any
vaccuum leaks, and the VW tuner played with the fuel mixture/idle speed
for an hour on Monday and told me I would probably have to replace the
ECU and some wiring.  I'm trying to be 100% sure that this is what I have
to do before I spend money on it.

Ben
aka RoccoRacer
86 Scirocco 8v