Dirty intake boot!

Undoubtedly some damage occurred.  How much is anyone's guess, but if the
only leak was the mixture adjustment hole, I'd say any damage was not
measurable.  If the two airbox halves were not properly mated, then more
dirty air was allowed to by-pass the filter element.  Contrary to  popular
belief, the rings take the big hit when unfiltered air is allowed into the
engine.  Those are the high wear items anyway and abrasive particles in the
combustion chamber exacerbate that wear.  Valve/seats experience
infinitesimal wear, their problems are with hot gas erosion

> Took off my intake boot today, and the inside of it was very dirty... I
just cleaned the grease out of it recently, though.  Then I noticed that my
plug for mixture adjustment was gone, so I've been sucking some unfiltered
air.  Now, it wasn't ridiculously bad, but does anyone think I might have
caused any engine damage?

Introducing NetZero Long Distance
1st month Free!