air filters

This thread has made the rounds before.
In my experience with K&N's, you'll get the same results, with 1/10 the
hassle, by using the stock, paper unit and replacing it every 10K miles.
The K&N will not give the engine any more power than a clean paper unit.
I've run them on my SB Chevy and I'm running one on my 16V right now.   When
the K&N on the 'roc gets dirty, I'll replace it with a paper element.
 Some people will tell you the K&N give more power, but they have only
seat-of-the-pants impressions to back up the statement.  To that I say,
"One's butt is a mighty imprecise dynamometer....".
Larry