air filters

>I was just wondering if anyone had any comments on using K&N filters on
>16Vs.
>I am thinking about installing one.
>Thanks,
>Ian

It's not the performance improvement of the century, but it doesn't hurt. :)
Only having to clean a filter from now on is also a benefit
naturally.  However,
the intake tracts are probably more restrictive then we're able to fix with
just a filter change.  In fact, I think I remember some old VW&P articles where
they ran an 8v around with a dirty filter, a new stock filter, a K&N, and then
no filter and didn't notice much of a difference besides changing out from the
old dirty filter (performance improved slightly during timed runs).
Does it improve performance beyond a hp or two?  Probably not too much,
that is, unless someone has some dyno runs to show otherwise?

==Brett

--
  \/  `87 Scirocco 2.0t project | "Hot VW's, take two home. They're small"
\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v,  '84 Scirocco ITB racer project | - brett@netacc.net