Oil filter to use?

--0-1372672328-1035846218=:80041

I was on vwvortex today and was reading a thread about Fram oil filters being crap.  I've wondered about them cause you can't hear any bypass valve when you shake them.  Is there a better kind to use?  I'm just wondering if it really even makes a difference specially with somebody like me who changes oil ever 2500 miles or so.