From: Jason Adams [mailto:roclist@accessconsulting.ca]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 5:34 PM
To: 0sciroccolist; Jason; Scirocco-Al
Subject: Re: OT Car crash Physics...

M1 is Jaguar XJS curb weight 4808lbs driver 165lbs ---> 2260kg
M2 is Yamaha Motorcycle 360lbs + 125lbs ----->220kg

Jaguar is stationary (waiting to turn left) and is struck by motorcycle
headlong in the pass front fender.

Front of car is displaced 8 feet (2.44m) back remains stationary, wheelbase
is 102" (2.59m)

uK is a coefficient I found on the net.

I want to calculate the inital velocity of the motorcycle.

and no the motorcycle driver isn't doing so well....

Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever! ;)
84 rocco 16v
93 320i