From: "Jason Adams" <roclist@accessconsulting.ca>
To: "0sciroccolist" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 3:57 PM
Subject: OT Car crash Physics...

With all the wealth of informed people on the list this shouldn't be too
difficult...

If I know the weight of the cars, the skid distance, assume complete
inelastic collision. how do I work it out...

uK = 0.72 (tire on asphalt)
M1 = 2260Kg
M2 = 220Kg
dS = 2.44m

my number crunching came up with ~60km/h as Vo for M2

based on facts:

a = uK * g = 0.72 * 9.81m/s^2 = 7.06 is this the Maximum deceleration for an
Automobile?

Vf^2 = Vo^2 + 2a(dS)

is there something wrong with my assumption for 'a' ?

Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever! ;)
84 rocco 16v
93 320i