Stand-alone engine management?

>Are there any stand-alone engine management systems available for a
>16v?   I'm looking for one that controls spark and timing advance,
>maybe via the knock sensor, coolant temp. sensor, hall sender,
>throttle switches, plugs, etc.
>I'm sick of the problems with my knock system, and plan on adding a
>turbo in the future, so it would be nice to have a SEM system to
>learn until then...  Thanks.

Check the links on scirocco.org, the Engine & Fuel Management
section.  You'll find 5-7
links to different makers of stand alone engine management systems.
I think you could
probably find some expertise on just about every one of them listed
by someone on this
mailing list. :)  I'm going with SDS in case anyone cares, as it fit
my price point, and gels
with my level of expertise and tuning expectations.

Any one of those systems is capable of running a 16v, or a turbo 16v
for that matter.

==Brett

--
  \/  `87 Scirocco 2.0t project | "Hot VW's, take two home. They're small"
\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v,  '84 Scirocco ITB racer project | - brett@netacc.net