Alignment specs - Recomendations

Can someone tell me / advise me on what tweaks will result in what
tendencies.  i.e. turning response freeway straightline stability etc.
After the complete suspension swap from the 16v I will be taking it in to
get it all pointed the same direction and may make some specific requests.
Randy lists his settings on "Mars" but doesn't elaborate on why those specs
are best for him.
I will be running a stock 16v wheels/tires/susp.  Likely going a bit wider
in the spring 195/55 probly.,
Thanks as allways
Ken
1979 Scirocco 16V -  Almost done
81 Deisel P/U - Rescued from neglegent PO
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"