Poor man needs some big wheels (was RE: Re: Wheels (17)

Given the info you folks have given, I now have a request:

Sell me your 17" wheels real cheap! Come on! You know you hate=
 that pimped out look. That harsh, yet big daddy Ball-ah ride has=
 turned your little hiney into a hemorroid breeding facility.=
 Scirocco's can't handle 17"s. Your suspension will turn to=
 jello, and your chassis is going to turn into the grand canyon.=

Honestly, I really want to tuck and run on some 17"s. My budget=
 on the other hand wants me to stop driving completely.

The 87' will be riding on 2 16x7 Konig GT-R's in front and 2 16x9=
 Borbet A's in the rear until I can either afford some good=
 looking 17" wheels, or find another 16x7.5 ET20 Borbet A to=
 replace the one I broke in my wreck.

Donations are welcome :D  Please reply privately for remittance=
 address.

Thanks for the info fella's. One day... One day...

Joshua

P.S. Anyone tried running 17x9's on the rear yet? Hmm... Extra=
 large deep dish to go please.

Going back to the original question posted by Joshua...

 "Those of you who have and/or still run 17" wheels on your=
 mkII's,
  what size/offset/tire do you run."

Besides Lisa and Shannon doing the 17x7.5 with 35mm, I believe=
 Tim
Ebling runs 17x7 with 38mm with no problems (cept maybe rubbing=
 on
steering full lock, which doesn't count as "rubbing" in my book),=
 I know
Jared has 17x7 with 39mm (but not sure if he is lowered), and=
 Sean
Porter has 17x7.5 42mm offset with 5mm spacers in front and 8mm=
 in rear,
effectively making it 37mm up front and 34mm in the rear.  Dunno=
 on
Seans suspension but he said rubbing was minimal.

Hope that answers your question!

BTW, I'm responding on their behalf because I don't believe they=
 are on
this list any longer.  OH, and they all run 205/40s...

Oh yeah... Paulie, where ya at?  I know yer running 17s.

Andre'
Nogaro Green 79
Kirkland WA
ICQ #76283458